Monday, 14 May 2018

M2 - Legal and ethical issues



Legal and ethical issues for magazine.


There are many legal and ethical issues I will need to take into account when creating my magazine. One legal issue is that if I were to use a picture that is not mine I would have to ask permission to whoever took the picture if I could use said picture and I would have to credit them in my magazine. This is the copyright act of 1998. Secondly, I must ensure that anyone who is involved in the magazine has signed a consent form to appear in the magazine. This is so I know that the person is okay about appearing in the magazine and that it is in writing for anyone to see. Obviously, content of the magazine will be my own ideas. As if not, it would be seen as plagiarism.


An ethical issue I need to take into account when producing my magazine is that every article and every bit of content I include in the magazine must be facts. I can include opinion in my magazine but when it comes to facts about anything, it must not be exaggerated to create a better story for consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment